Starting Your Search
With everything that expecting parents have to worry about during pregnancy, finding the right pediatrician in Austin can seem like a daunting task. We put together this handy guide to help make the job a bit easier.
There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting a pediatrician. It’s important to find a doctor that you can develop a genuine relationship with - you’re going to be seeing a lot of them! It’s also important to find a practice that offers convenient access to care and services that make sense for your family.
Questions to Ask
- Does the practice accept your insurance?
- Does the practice offer after-hours access to the doctor or at least a nurse phone call line?
- Does the practice charge extra for after-hours phone calls?
- Does the practice offer telemedicine (video visits) with the doctor?
- Does the practice offer secure messaging with the doctor? What is the typical response time?
- Does the practice offer in-home visits or are you required to go to a clinic location?
- Does the practice have separate waiting areas for sick and well children?
- Does the practice offer online scheduling?
Pediatrics Practices in Austin
Covering All Neighborhoods in Austin
Central / Downtown Austin
Pediatric Associates of Austin
South / Southwest Austin
Austin Diagnostic Clinic - Circle C
Austin Regional Clinic - South Austin
Austin Regional Clinic - Southwest
Lone Star Circle of Care at Stassney Pediatrics
Southwest Pediatric Associates
411 Pediatrics & After Hours Care
Baylor Scott & White - Lakeway
North / Northwest Austin
Austin Diagnostic Clinic - North Clinic
Austin Diagnostic Clinic - Cedar Bend
Austin Regional Clinic - Anderson Mill
Austin Regional Clinic - Far West
Austin Regional Clinic - Quarry Lake
Austin Regional Clinic - Wilson Parke
Pediatric Center of North Austin